When buying memory online there’s a few things to consider before you place your online memory order and they are:
- RAM Type Laptop or Desktop memory?
- Budget How much can you afford?
- Brand Name or Generic Do you need affordable memory or can you pay a little more for brand name?
- Store Reputation There’s more than one memory store I would not recommend at all.
- Shipping Cost Some offer free shipping and others don’t.
- Shipping Speed How fast do you need your memory
- Stock. Does the memory store stock the ram you need
- Easy to Find. Some online memory stores make it impossible to find anything
- Reviews What do others think about the store (reseller ratings is a great resource)
- Warranty What if something goes wrong with your memory
Top Ten Memory Suppliers
Amazon. It should come as no surprise that the biggest online store carries every memory upgrade imaginable and in most cases are the cheapest memory prices you can find.
Crucial Technology. Brand Name Memory from Micron Technology that offers a guarantee that the ram will work in your computer.
Other World Computing. If you need Mac memory these folks have been in the business over 25 years.
RAMJET. Another Mac memory store with outstanding customer support.
Data Memory Systems. These guys have been great to work with over the past fifteen years.
MemoryX. The world’s biggest memory Store
OEMPCWORLD. They not only have great prices and service on ram, they will buy back your old ram too. (OWC and RAMJET do this too)
SMS Assembly. Another memory store that’s been around a long time and wil buy back your old ram
18004Memory. Great Memory, Great Name, Great Service
Memory Suppliers. In business for over a decade selling memory products
RAM Upgrades from One of the Best Memory Suppliers